The SGUnited Skills Programme – Social Service Accelerator comprises of a suite of short courses that was specially put together to equip learners with the appropriate knowledge and skillsets to pursue roles in various corporate functions such as planning, operations, marketing, IT, finance or HR.
For more information on the applicable job roles in the social service sector visit this link.
- Singaporeans or Singapore Permanent Residents above the age of 21 years who are affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Professionals, Managers and Executives (PMEs).
- Multi-disciplinary professionals with at least three to four years of experience in the domains of Marketing, Human Resource, Finance, IT Project Management and Operation Management.
- Application period: Applications for this course will end on 17 Jan 22.
- Start Date: 7 Mar 22 – 6 Sep 22 (Intake Four).
- Programme Duration: Six months.
- Fees (excluding GST): Total would be $14,160 but nett fees after funding will be $500.
- Mode of delivery: Blended learning (facilitated classroom training, online course materials & pre-course e-Learning activities).
- Award of Certificate: Learners are required to attain a minimum of 75% training attendance and pass the assessment(s) in order to be awarded with an electronic Certificate of Achievement from SSI.
Modules for Sector Specific Skills
- Design and Develop Effective Volunteer Programmes (by SSI)
- Interpret the Service Types & Functions of Key Players in Social Service (by SSI)
- Introduction to Counselling (by SSI)
Modules for Functional Skills
Marketing & Fundraising
- Branding Non-Profit: An Introduction (by SSI)
Learners will gain a deeper understanding of branding and its importance for both new and more established non-profit organizations.
- Donor Outreach through Social Media (by SSI)
Learners will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to select appropriate social media platforms that match their donor outreach objectives and gain an understanding of the barriers of using social media for donor engagement.
- Making $ense I: An introduction to Fund Raising (by SSI)
Learners will gain an understanding of why and how donors give and learn to use tools to help them plan successful fund-raising activities. In addition, the drafting of effective fund-raising proposals will also be taught.
- HR for Non-HR Managers (by NP)
This course allows non-HR managers to appreciate the importance of human capital management and its fundamental functions as well as gain an overview of the human resource framework.
- Budgeting for Charities (by SSI)
Learners will be equipped with budgeting skills that are required to develop a realistic budget for charities to fund their programmes and initiatives in accordance to financial standards. Effective budgeting and the challenges of developing robust budgets will also be taught.
Volunteer & Client Management
- Manage Challenging Social Service and NPO clients (by SSI)
The following topics will be covered in this course: Client Interaction Escalation, The Psychology of Anger, Types of Challenging Clients, Handle Complaints and Irate Clients, Diffuse Challenging Situations which include: Clients who will not take “No” for an answer and Clients with unreasonable behaviours, Techniques to remain cool as a cucumber and Action Plan Development.
- Supporting the Implementation of Programmes (by NP)
Learners will gain an understanding of the life-cycle and processes of social service programmes. The communication skills and digital technological tools involved in this and how to apply them effectively to support programme implementation will also be taught.
Leadership & Management
- Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship (by NP)
Learners will uncover the social issues faced by local communities by examining their needs and analysing the different innovative social solutions that are designed to meet those needs. Through Asset-Based Community Development concepts and design thinking, learners can interact directly with local communities and social service agencies to understand community needs and the different strategies that can meet these needs.
- Leading Through Change (by NP)
Learners will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to lead change through strategised tactical actions that can change the mindsets and behaviours necessary for sustained change transformation.
- Agile System Development (by NP)
Learners will be taught key Agile concepts, principles and methodologies. This will help learners to understand how Agile can help teams deliver faster value to their customers in small increments in today’s digital age.
Sign up for the programme through this link.
For queries relating to this programme, you may email email@example.com.
- The course details including the start dates and cost of the course is tentative and will be updated accordingly.
- The Social Service Accelerator Programme is jointly developed by SSI and Ngee Ann Polytechnic (NP) although individual courses may come from either SSI or NP.
- Registration may end before 17 Jan 22 when the maximum capacity is reached.